Climate Controlled Storage Should Consider as an Option
If you have never rented a storage unit before, you might think that the only option to consider is what unit size you need. You will discover that size is not everything when it comes to storage space. Actually, there are a number of options to consider when choosing a storage unit. One of the most common storage options is between a standard unit and an air-conditioned control unit.
What is climate control storage?
In short, the climate controlled storage is heated during the winter months and stays cool in the summer, in order to maintain a moderately constant temperature level throughout the year. Why is this important? There are many items susceptible to damage due to prolonged exposure to temperature changes. Storage units with climate control offer customers peace of mind knowing that their storage unit will not be too hot or too cold.
Heated climate control removes dust and foreign matter from the air and keeps your items cleaner and fresher. It can also help prevent dust from settling on your furniture by using mattresses and sofa covers, or by putting blankets over items if you are storing for more than 4 months.
Who should consider storage with climate controlled?
Climate controlled storage is the ideal choice for all storage needs, but it is more necessary for some items particularly.
- Furniture – Wooden furniture can dry, shrink or even break if the unit is allowed to be too cold or swollen and deform at high temperatures. Upholstered furniture is prone to mold if kept at high temperatures for a long period of time.
- Electronics – Everyone loves their electronics. If you ever have to store any of your electronic equipment, storage with climate control will help you take care of the delicate articles of extreme temperatures. This also includes all appliances.
- Art – Paintings, drawings and photographs are particularly prone to damage caused by exposure to excessively hot, dry, cold or humid air. Stamps, sports cards and comic book collections are also things that should be kept in a climate controlled storage unit.
- Musical instruments – Fine music is best performed with well-preserved instruments. Climate controlled storage will help prevent deformation, cracking and rotting of your instruments.
- Documents – Records of records and documents are often irreplaceable. One of the biggest enemies of stored paper is its atmosphere. Too much moisture rots the paper. Very little moisture causes the impression to fade. Stored records are best maintained in areas where a consistent and moderate environment can be maintained.
- Textiles – Clothing in general and bedding are among the most commonly stored items. Storage makes it easy to free space in your home by allowing you to store clothing that is not in season, as well as blankets and quilts to remove when necessary. Make sure these items are not exposed to extreme temperature changes by renting storage with climate control
Storage units Miami will continue to work for many storage needs, but climate controlled storage has become an increasingly popular and common option in the industry. These units can be a scarce commodity in many storage locations, so be sure to reserve your air-conditioned climate-controlled storage unit today to make sure it is available when you need it.