High Pressure Jetting and Blocked Drains
If you have a blockage which sits within the drainage system underneath your house rather than within your sinks pipework, you will need to call on the services of a drain clearing company. The drainage underneath our homes is inaccessible to all but the professionals who have the right tools to get the job done.
In this article, we’ll tell you how the use of a high pressure jetting treatment can clear even the most stubborn of blockages.
The Equipment Required
Your drainage company will come equipped with a jetting system that utilises water fired at high pressure through a nozzle. It is this water that is responsible for clearing away the build up of food and organic waste that has found itself unable to move through the drainage network.
The machinery required to supply this high pressure stream of water will be mounted onto the back of the van that arrives at your property. Your drain unblocking team will even be able to source their own water supply to facilitate the process.
High pressure jetting will;
- Clear the most hard to remove material including cement, fat deposits and scale that has built up over time.
- Leave your drainage undamaged as only foreign objects will be dislodged.
- Can prevent expensive and intrusive rectification work which usually requires underground pipework to be dug up and replaced.
The Jetting Process
The key to accessing the drains underneath your property are through the various manholes that you might have noticed around your front and rear garden. Once the jetting team arrives, they will lift every manhole cover on your property and decide which one would be best to begin the process. From here, it’s just a case of inserting the high pressure hose and nozzle and proceeding to flush the system with water.
To assist in locating the blockage, these companies may conduct a CCTV drainage survey which involves the insertion of a camera which will quickly display a live image of the inside of the drainage system.
Other Services Available
Your drain unblocking company will offer several other services depending on your needs. These can include;
- Root removal of nearby trees. Large mature trees can have considerable water demands. The roots of these trees are designed to seek out water in the vicinity which can present a problem to drainage pipes carrying water. If these trees are at risk of damaging your pipework, their roots can be cut back and removed.
- Excavation and relining is a possible solution for sections of drainage which have been damaged. The process of relining can provide additional integrity to a weakened pipe which may prevent it from having to be replaced.
Locate a Drainage Company
Jetting as well as the performing of other drainage services can bring your sanitation system back to perfect health. If you’re suffering from blocked drains in Sevenoaks, simply get on the phone and request a call out. Your drainage engineer will be able to assess the problem and provide a course of action.
No matter where you’re located within the country, there will be a company who specialises in drains who can assist.